School started Aug 8th for us. Jane's 6th birthday was Aug 9th. The whole week was a celebration. She really wanted to go bowling for her birthday so we went on Tuesday evening. We discovered that one game, with 3 little kids (10 frames mind you) took just about 2 hours! All the girls had a blast.
Jane celebrating
Alice knocked down 2
In action
Kate asking for more!
If I didn't give Kate's ball a little extra push, it would never make it down the lane
Wednesday morning Jane started 1st grade. Such a big girl. She has homework every night and spelling tests every Friday now. No more coloring all day and 2 recesses like in Kindergarten. She is adjusting like a champ and reading so well.
Kate giving her a big hug goodbye!
Jane's classroom. Her teacher is Ms. Chase. She is strict, but an excellent teacher.
We dropped Jane off at school and headed to Walmart to pick up all her party stuff and presents.
Kate the atom molecule. We had a hula hoop contest (kind of) at Jane's party.
Dress up time. Turn on a little music, put on some costumes and you have 3 very happy girls.
Big Snow White and Baby Snow White
Decorating for Jane's big day!
Alice was so excited to give Jane a necklace we bought for 90% off (I was excited about that). I think it cost 25 cents.
Gramma gave Jane a Rapunzel doll. Jane put her in matching pj's. Alice is her pet cat. Hence no shirt because cats don't wear clothes!
Jane had to wait to open the rest of her gifts when Daddy came home from work. It was a long afternoon, but it was worth the wait!
Friday we had a pool party for Jane at Gramma's house. It was a lot of fun.
No fancy cake this year, Jane just wanted cupcakes. I can do cupcakes!
All the ladies, Eden, Mattie, Allie, Morgan, Eryn, Alice, Sami, and Jane's head. She invited another little girl too, but she had to come a little later. Jane even got to have her first non-relative sleep over. I told her only one friend though. Sami spent the night. They were all so cute. Alice loved it too.
The following Monday, Alice started Pre-school. Rushing off to Alice's school after dropping off Jane. Alice eating and wearing her toast and peanut butter breakfast.
She was very excited also
Alice's pre-school
Her classroom. She was a champ. I didn't cry this time, but it was sad to say goodbye. I miss both Jane and Alice during the day. It sure is good to see them again at the end of school.
Kate now carries Alice's backpack and lunch box for her every day into class. Too cute. And she knows it. Such a big girl.
Jane started soccer and ballet too and we went looking for cleats and tap shoes at a store and came home with some roller skates too.
Jane learning to skate with the help of Kevin's knee pads
She loved it. Alice watching in the background. Great supporters we are!
Kate and Alice helping each other help me do the laundry. I love team work!
And this I love too. When it goes quiet in the house you go looking for your children to find out what mischief they are up to, only to find them sweetly looking at books. Oh, such cute baby toes.
Harris, the company Kevin works for, has free nights out at the ballpark. So we went. It was such a nice night.
Getting to the stadium and stopping along the way for photo ops
Kate decided to venture out on her own. That girl keeps me on my toes and running.
Enjoying the Manatees win over whoever they were playing
Meeting the girl Manatee
Since Kate and I are alone during the day, I decided to take her to the zoo one day.
Mr. Crocodile
No, thankfully, this is not my backyard. It is a nice fat alligator at the zoo.
Kate and the very friendly deer
Jane's ballet class this year is a combo class with tap and ballet
Jane and her class tapping with her teacher Miss Lynn. Still love Miss Kimberley, but wanted to try out tap. Jane is enjoying it.
Another fun day at the zoo
This time we brought Alice, since she doesn't have school on Friday
Kate and I
All 3 girls in the tub
My old bonnet. I looked and looked for a picture of me with it on, but couldn't find it. Instead I found pictures of my cousin Lisa looking just like her daughter, which I posted on Facebook.
A sunset driving home across the causeway
An evening in Viera. Alice loves to be barefoot.
This is what Kate and I do during Alice's ballet
After one practice due to all the rain, Jane had her first soccer game this past Saturday. Her team did excellent and she had a great time. They play 4 quarters 4 on 4. The coach did a great job rotating them all in.
Jane sat the first quarter
Along with Evy and Jackson
It was a long quarter
Team huddle
Jane is ready to go
One smile for the camera
and then off to work
I was so excited for how into the game she was. She did a great job.
Water break
The game is almost over. One last huddle
"I'm so tired"
We even won the game. Last year we were ecstatic when one of our players finally scored in the fourth game. Things are looking a little more promising this season.
Another cute picture of Kate and me
On Tuesdays and Thursdays Kate takes swim lessons. She is doing so well. Still complains a little bit when I take her under water, but all in all, not bad.
Kate underwater
The fun slide
Bubbles
Such a happy little girl
Life is busy, but we are enjoying all the activities. Kevin started an MBA program last week and will be in classes for the next 2 years every Monday and Thursday nights. We already miss him, but we make the best of the time we get with Daddy. And the girls and I are chugging along and I am thoroughly enjoying our dinner conversations of late. Tonight it was joke night. Jane's was something like "Why didn't the bear eat any food?" "Because there wasn't any left!" Ha, ha, ha. And Alice's were something like, "Why didn't the baby chicken hatch?" "Because it's mommy didn't keep it warm." (Hers were a bit morbid). Anyway, then we proceeded into the knock knock jokes. Just too much fun. Soon we're headed to Ohio, so I will be excited to share those pictures when I get back. I hope everyone is handling all the craziness of back to school and loving the coming of fall.
1 comment:
I haven't checked blogs in forever, but I love Jane's short hair - so cute! Enjoy visiting Beth...and good luck on the MBA program! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment