Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween and snorkeling

The following pictures were taken October 28th, 29th, and 30th.  Lots of fun times and lots of candy!

Thursday, Alice and I went to Jane's Halloween party at school.  Alice got to play with some of the toys, which she was very excited about.

Jane wanted to be a rabbit after our Boo at the Zoo trip, but I convinced her to wear the tu-tu one more time (since I had put some effort into it) and so she wore it to her school party.  So sweet.


The Little Rainbows class with Mrs. Rutherford and Mrs. Weatherspoon (used to be Jane's nursery leader at church!)  She adores her teachers.


Friday morning we headed to the Melbourne Airport to pick up Daddy.  He had been in Alabama all week and we missed him dearly.  I love this picture of Alice.  Definitely her nice face!!!  (She has a mean face too, which she shares when she feels like being mean).


We picked up Daddy, went home for a few minutes and then headed to Grandma's.  My cousin Lisa, her husband Sean, and little girl Sophia have just moved over here from Tampa and we are loving having them here.  They lived with my parents until yesterday when they moved into an apartment about 20 minutes away.  We are all very excited (I know they are a little stressed, but excited) for the future and spending time together. 

While we were at Grandma's Kevin and Jane braved the pool.  Kevin actually got Jane to snorkel and she was doing a fantastic job.  Her first time ever and she looked like a pro.  Just needs to learn to blow the water out of the snorkel if it goes under.  I think she swallowed a lot of water that day!



Then Saturday was the Trunk-or-Treat at church.  We always look forward to that.  Kevin spent all morning on my costume.  And I must say, he did a spectacular job and everyone loved it.  I just couldn't sit down in it too easily, so it didn't last the whole evening.

Alice as a cat and Jane as a bunny

Alice, Jane, and Sophia (cat, bunny, and mouse)
I couldn't find my eyeliner pencil, so I had to use mascara for their noses and whiskers.  I must say, it worked great and didn't smudge a bit.  And then it came off with a wet wipe.  Perfect! 

A shot of Jane's tail and little Violet (she was Goldilocks and her mom, dad, and new little sister were the 3 bears.  Too cute).



The picture below cracks me up.  It looks like 3 old ladies just chatting about stuff.  I love it!



The trick-or-treating begins.  Notice the smiles on their faces.  Kevin is in the apron in the right of the picture.  He was a baker for Halloween.


And I was an oven, with a bun (ha, ha, bun in the oven) 


Kevin even attached 2 flashlights inside for oven lights.  Once again, he did a great job!  I spray painted the box, that's it.


Alice got a little warm in her costume and took off her hat, then toward the end of the evening she told me she didn't want to be a cat anymore and wanted to be a princess.  So this is how she ended up (a Ron Jon's t-shirt under a Christmas dress)


And Jane got tired of the ears, so she just sported the cute tail


I laugh every time I see this picture.  We bought a fun Little People's sing a long Halloween cd and made all the trick or treaters either dance or sing for their candy.  Kevin and Jane are doing their own rendition of "If you're scary and you know it scream and shout, AAAAhhhhhh!!!"


Alice fell asleep on the way home, but Jane had work to do.  Here she is finishing up her "important work" before she went to bed.  I think she was coloring.  I just liked the quiet, peaceful picture.

Sean and Lisa got some pictures of the whole family, so I'll post one of those at some point.  We had a fun Halloween and are looking forward to all the family stuff for Thanksgiving and Christmas (and the new baby!!!!  Only 4 1/2 weeks left)

1 comment:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Awesome pictures! The girls are so cute. It is fun seeing Alice in the same costume that we once wore. Very ingenious costume that Kevin made. I CANNOT believe that picture of Jane snorkeling! That is amazing! So fun.