I have been wanting to make a tu-tu for Jane for forever and I finally did the other night. We went to Jo-Anne's and she picked out the tulle (I really don't know how to spell these words). She picked pink, pink, and more pink. A little darker than blush and bashful, but you get the point! She was so excited. Alice's needs a little more work, but it still fit. All I did was take a piece of elastic (sewing kind) and measure their waists. Then I took strips of tulle and looped them around the elastic by folding the tulle in half and then pulling the two ends through the loop. If you need better instructions ask me. Anyway, Jane wore it to ballet class. We have glitter all over our house now too!
Zoo adventures
Kim called one Thursday and said her playgroup was cancelled and wanted to know if we wanted to go to the zoo. Of course! We had a great time and it was just beautiful outside.
Jane climbing the rope ladder with Mikayla watching
Alice eating her graham cracker
Braving the cold water (bad examples for Ben and Mikayla)
Jane and Alice in the water. Next time we'll have to bring their swim suits.
Ben testing the water. It was cold!
Fun times at home
Kevin loves to get the girls to make crazy faces with him. He goes through all the emotions and has them make that face. This is the serious face.
This is smiley
Laying down
Jane caught off guard because she didn't want her picture taken
The pouty, kissy face (or Alice's "mean guy" face)
So we were at Wal-mart grocery shopping and Jane asked to buy some fresh flowers. I normally don't do it, but I thought, it'll liven up the table. As they sat on my table I absolutely loved the color combinations and have been inspired as to the color scheme for Jane and Alice's room. Jane wants to paint her walls pink. I was thinking a lighter pink and she likes it too. So now I will accent with white and green and maybe even a little yellow.
Inspirational flowers
Kevin chased Alice all over the house trying to take a picture of her in Jane's dress. This one I loved.
Alice being mischievous
The formal evening gown look
Jane's look was slightly different. I tried to tell her that the top was called a camisol and it went under a shirt, but today she insisted on wearing it over a pink shirt with the skirt to church. I told her if anyone told her that her shirt went on the underside to tell them that she knew that, but wanted to wear it this way. I dont' think anyone commented.
The church ranch does an annual rodeo, which is always tons of fun. No bull riding, but plenty of bronco riding, cow roping, and pig catching. There is also my favorite, mutton bustin' for the little kids. They get to ride a sheep and get scored. The little girl who won this year rode that sheep all the way to the far fence. The little boy in this video wrestled the sheep to the ground. Too cute. For the first time this year, they had a bishopric horse race. The members of the bishoprics from each ward raced each other on wooden horses. It was hilarious. And our ward won!!!!! Kevin was the only member of our bishopric and he recruited Kevin Smith and Justin Planinz to help him out! Their team is the farthest away with Justin in a red shirt. My Kevin gets on second, and Kevin Smith on last. Great job guys. If you notice in the video, I yell out the wrong ward. Yeah, I know what ward I belong to! Enjoy!















2 comments:
Love all the pictures and stories. So, I'm going to need one of those awesome tu-tus for Pepper! Love all the fashion pictures and funny faces. It took me a sec to notice the little boy hanging from the side of the sheep. That was too funny!
That is way too much fun! All of it!
Post a Comment