Thursday, November 8, 2012

October for us

We have had a pretty good month.  There are a ton of pictures in this post, so enjoy our memories!
 
I lay down with my girls every night to get them to sleep.  I don't mind most nights, but it's hard on baby sitters.  Oh well!  One day they'll all go to sleep on their own and I'll miss the snuggle time (or hair pulling time).  Kate loves to run her fingers through my hair as she falls asleep.  Anyway, one night I was laying on the floor with Kate and Alice got up and left the room.  She came back in a little while later and told me she wanted to sleep with all her toys.  I told her no.  So she left again.  She then came in and said, "I have 24 toys."  I told her to go to bed and she did.  When I left their room this is what I found in the playroom.
All of her toys lined up in a row and there were in fact 24 of them.  Such a good little counter.  Kevin took a picture of it the next morning.
 
Jane has decided that Kate is her new babydoll.  She loves to dress her, push her around in a babydoll stroller, give her a bottle, and be her "mom."  It is too much fun. 

And Kate loves it!!!!  Jane trying to dress Kate.
 
Our statue poses have not ended.  Yes, we are swimming in October.  It was cold, but fun.  Actually, I don't know if I ever got it, but the girls and Kevin told me it was cold.

We're going for statues in the buff now.

Jane always a pretty picture

I have no idea, but it makes me laugh.  Kate concentrates so hard on getting that knee bent just like that.

Love Alice's smile

Ooh, those cheeks

Jane and Alice's fort on Gramma's patio

Our friend Eryn at the playground with us
 
And we took advantage of a day off of school and went to the beach.  It was perfect.  Lisa and her girls were able to come along too.

Jane making sand angels.  Those are the only kind we can make!

Kate and Leilani actually smiling at the same time

A new friend, Alice, and Sophia enjoying the waves

Kate enjoying the sand

Lisa and her girls.  They are all getting so big.
 
Alice was invited to a birthday party (her first) and she was so excited.


Bouncy castle goodness


They loved this car.  Jane managed to back into a pole, but luckily the plastic bounced right back.

Kate was thrilled to ride shotgun

Even if she didn't know the driver

Such beautiful girls at the Dieble's pool after the blessing of my friend Jenn's baby.
 
Alice had the fireman come to her school and show the kids their trucks and all their gear.

Kate being brave.  Alice would not sit up there.

Holding hands.  No, I did not coordinate their outfits.  It was pretty cute though.  I even had pink and white stripes on too.

Mrs. Lang, Alice's teacher, said Kate was their mascot.  She just positioned herself right in there.

A little soccer spectating action

Our annual pumpkin patch visit

The day was a little hot in the sun, but perfect in the shade.  On the hay ride.

Jane excited about the decorations

Ready to buy the horribly overpriced pumpkins.  Next year I'll just buy them at Wal-mart.

Yes, once again shorts and t-shirts in October

Who are those gorgeous statues?

Such cuties, I know I am biased.

Enjoying the marching band festival as only you should.  A visor to keep the blaring sun out of your eyes.  Popcorn to feed that big ol' belly.  While listening to a tiny marching band play the beach boys.  Kate amazed me.  We were there for a long time and she just sat there and watched, clapped, and danced, and of course ate!

Enjoying some home videos and playing with Barbie furniture my grandmother made for Beth and me.  While watching the home videos, Jane saw us open that stuff for Christmas and I asked my mom what we did with it and she said it was in a box in the other room.  So she went and got it.  Too fun!

Hurricane Sandy.  Obviously it did not hit us anywhere near as hard as the Northeast.  We had some good wind and high seas.  Normally the water does not come up to the end of the stairs.  Jane found out the hard way and went to walk on the beach, but as she was waiting on the bottom step a huge wave came and drenched her.  Luckily Kevin was standing there and grabbed her.  It could have been pretty scary otherwise.  After that, she was done and went back to the car.

Tearing away the dunes.  It's amazing how much power the seas have.  Incredible.

Jane's soccer game was a bit windy too because of Sandy, but we ventured out.

Obviously paying attention to the game!

I just liked this picture of the pack of children running after the ball.
 
Alice enjoying the game!!!!
 
Ooh, I was so excited for all of our costumes this year.  I had a ton of fun making all the embellishments for the costumes.  Kevin was not as thrilled!  Just kidding.  He loves dressing up too.  Getting ready for the trunk or treat at church.

A very tired Huckleberry Pie

All the costumes layed out

The lemon hair clip I made

Strawberry Shortcake's emblem I had to safety pin to Jane's shirt as to not ruin it.  I also added the white strip and leaves to Jane's hat.

Katie's apple

Our little Apple dumplin'

She was so good and kept that hat on.  I was amazed.

Rapunzel, Belle, Lemon Meringue, Strawberry Shortcake, and Apple dumplin'

The whole gang.  I was Blueberry Muffin obviously.

Trying to get jumping shots

Kevin got some air

I love Alice's face.  Our friends Haight and Neimol.

Jane's smile is classic

Gramma taking Kate around

Dance party at the Smith's van.  My friend Krissy always has some fun game at her car.  You have to play it in order to get candy.  This year, she and her 1 year old were Fame dancers.  So of course you had to dance in order to get candy.

Mom found the tailgaters listening to the football game.  So we didn't see her again that night!

Kevin told me that he was trying to take a picture of Alice and she kept running away from the camera.  He snuck the camera behind his back and got her smiling without even knowing it.

Papa helping us pass out the candy.

Kate and Pappa making the rounds

Kate and her little friend Eve (who I thought was the cutest little Fame baby ever).

Kate's other little friend Summer.  Summer and Eve are a month a part and they are both about 8 months younger than Kate.  Kate is not a monster baby!

THOR!!!!  This is Eve's older brother Drew.  All the boys in Alice's primary class dressed up like the avengers.  It was too cute.

Kate loves her lollipops

Alice and me

Jane smiling

Can you spot the ninja?

Jane not smiling, but the rest of us look great.  So fun.  We're already mulling over ideas for next year!

Alice's class party.  Luke was the hulk (he was one of the avengers from the other night).

I personally liked the circus monkey costume.

They trick or treated to each classroom.

Kate joined right in with the big kids

Alice telling the mom exactly what she wants

Such a cute kitty.  Oh, and that is the costume that my sisters and I wore when we were little.
 
Finally, Halloween night.  Kevin was in California for Halloween, so the girls and I invited Neimol and Haight to come with us around the neighborhood.  We also met up with our other good friends down the street, Luke, Laura, and their daughter Jenna.

After Alice put on the Snow White dress, Kate wanted to be a princess too.  This is her princess pose.

And this is her princess smile.  Don't worry, the pants came off before we left the house.

Jane was a fairy princess.

In action

Neimol helping Kate hold up her bucket

Snow White (Alice), Fairy Princess Jane, and the Hulk (Haight), a likely trio

Little sister Snow White and me as the cowgirl!  It was a last minute costume choice, but it worked great.  We had a wonderful evening.  Jane and Haight ran to every door.  We even took a little drive to Jane's kindergarten teacher to knock on her door.  She was excited to see us again.  Well, that's it for October.  Hopefully you all had a safe and fun Halloween too.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Great costumes!!! The girls and I love them!! :)

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

So fun! I can't believe mom still had that Barbie furniture! And that we didn't know before now! It was also fun to see Alice in the old cat costume. I can't believe how many different costumes you guys do! We do one costume and wear them multiple times to make it all worth it. So, many wonderful stories and pictures. I just love it all and miss you guys!