Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ahh, the Christmas season!

We love Christmas! Jane's favorite song is Jingle Bells, which she sings all year round. We sing it every Monday night for Family Home Evening too. She and Alice have been excited about all the lights, music, and hopes of new toys. In fact, the only song Alice would let me sing tonight as I put her to bed was "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" I need to brush up on the lyrics.

Our prelit tree is beautiful even without the ornaments. It took us about a week to decorate the whole thing. We are just running around every weekend.

Kevin and Alice enjoying the tree

The first Friday in December was temple day. It was our turn to watch the kids. It was a cold and rainy day, so we went to the library with the 4 kids. It's in a cute part of Orlando that's set up like a quaint little village. They have a great bakery across the street too. Here's Alice on the front porch of the library.

Drew and Sami on the porch too. Sami and Jane love playing together, so they had fun. And Drew is our new best friend because we took such great care of him! After the library we headed to Epcot and had a great time despite the rain and chill in the air, but I will post those pictures at a later date.

On Saturday morning the girls were invited to a friend's birthday party. I had the opportunity to play my French horn in a Cantata this year and the dress rehearsal was the same morning, so Kevin took the girls to the party. They had a great time.

Alice after sampling the cake. Yummy frosting!

From the party Kevin met me at the church and we dropped the girls off with Grandma while we went to a leadership training. Then we went to a ladies' house for dinner whom the ward helped fix her roof during the day of service and then we went to the Palm Bay Christmas parade. It was a very busy day.

Enjoying the parade, although we were a little cold

Kevin, Alice, and the Bear with their Santa and elf hats on. (I love how even when Kevin is taking the picture it looks like it caught him off guard!!!)

Reading bedtime stories. I love it!!!!

Alice for some reason wanted to wear my socks, so I put them on her and they were thigh highs. She was so cute though. She loves to jump too and is getting better at it! Pure joy!

2 comments:

Janet said...

So much fun!! Christmas is the best time :) I love Alice in the Christmas socks :)

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Wow, you guys have been keeping quite busy! Love all the festive pictures. Alice is getting so tall and skinny. I love her crazy curls!