Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mom's 60th Birthday Party

My mom just turned 60 last week and we had a celebration for her. My parents love to dance, in fact they met at a dance in high school and the rest is history. So we had a 50's sock hop type party with dinner and dancing. The gym looked great. The food was excellent. The dancing and entertainment was fun. I wish I had done more to help, but I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday party Mom. You deserve it! You are amazing and I love you!!!!
So here are some pictures for those of you who might have missed the rockin' party.

Joshua, Jacob, and Mike testing out and setting up the punch bowl


Jane and Mikayla in their cute outfits. Mikayla still fit into her skirt from my dad's party 2 years ago. It was a tad shorter, but worked! Jane passed her skirt on to Alice and I bought a new outfit for her.

The birthday girl, Nancy, my dad (Kerry), and my nephew, Jacob

Alice sampling the party favors (Sorry it's a little blurry). I had fun sewing an "A" and a "J" on her and Jane's shirts.

Jane and her friend Sami dancing (kind of)

My mom loves music. She especially loves to sing and harmonize with us. We've been singing since I can remember. And one of the songs I remember singing a lot was "You are my sunshine." In fact when I started to learn the guitar, that was the first song I wanted to learn to play. Come to find out, it is very easy to play (Yay for me!). So I thought it would be neat for Jane and I to sing it for my mom. I practiced singing it with Jane at home and told her we would sing it for Gramma at her birthday party. Jane agreed. So the time came and she was ready. I asked her if she wanted to hold the mic and she said, "Yes!" She did a great job.

Me, Mom, Kim

And here's the video of the song

4 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That video just kills me! Love all the cute outfits and festiveness! I'm sorry once again that we missed all the fun but glad things went well. I love Dad's poofy hair and jacket:)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Happy Birthday, Sister Goodier! AMAZING outfits! LOVE them! Everyone is so festive! Great idea! Cute song...love you!

Janet said...

Love it!! Jill you played the song so well, and I enjoyed Jane's singing. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

MP Flory said...

I just realized you had a blog and love seeing all these pics. The video of Jane is priceless! Congrats on your cute family! Check out my blog too: mcdflory.blogspot.com