This past weekend we had the chance again to cheer Kevin on in the Disney 1/2 Marathon. Each year we have stayed at a different hotel. This year we were forced to splurge (no availability) and then the room at that hotel wasn't ready, so they upgraded us to the Yacht Club. It was a lot of fun. Jane has been talking about how Daddy was going to run through Cinderella's castle for a week now. Well, when we showed up at the hotel, what was coming up the drive, but Cinderella's coach pulled by 6 white horses (ponies). Jane was ecstatic.
Then as we sat there and watched, a bride came out and got in the carriage.
Jane, as you can see, was so happy. "It's Cinderella!"
We got to have a fun towel oragami in the shape of Mickey.
The room wasn't anything spectacular, but Jane and Alice both got a Mickey Mouse doll and we got a lot of free food. The upgrade included the concierge level of the hotel.
As soon as we checked in and got all our stuff up to the room, we headed down to the pool. The best part was that it felt like the beach. Jane and Alice both had a blast, despite the chill in the air. I think it was in the high 60's or low 70's that day. There were also ducks floating by occasionally.
Alice was a little cold and purple, but happy.
Race Day
The runners had to be at the starting place by 5am, so we caught the bus at 4am, needless to say we were all pretty tired. I love Jane's face in this picture. It just says, "Why am I up this early in the cold and now you want me to smile for a picture, I don't think so!"
The only thing that kept Jane going was the promise to see Cinderella's castle. We waited for Daddy on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.
Jane and the castle
She was also very excited about all the train (monorail) rides. That's the sunrise.
Waiting for the next train
Here's the sign we made the day before to cheer on Daddy
There's Kevin running toward the finish line. He beat his time last year by 20 someodd minutes. Training pays off! He ran it in 2 hrs and 6 minutes. Not bad!!!
He's the runner in white and black on the left with the finish line in sight. There were over 45,000 participants this year with all the races.
Then it was nap time. Jane, Kevin, and Alice (not in the picture) crashed after the race while I packed us up to head home. It was a great weekend. Kevin, you did a wonderful job and I'm so glad we were able to come and cheer you on!















5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I would be excited to if I saw Cinderella's carriage! The pool with a beach area looks really neat! Congrats Kevin that's awesome that you beat your time. A lot of my co-workers were doing the marathon too.
Next year we should be going. That is Mike's plan anyways. We'll see what happens. Looks fun
Great job Kevin! It looks like you guys all had a fun time. Jane's face is priceless in that one shot!
Great run, Kevin! I hope to one day run again...and then maybe I will join you at Disneyworld! See you guys in 2days!
Sounds fun! It is so motivating to hear how many people run these days. Well, being 7 months prego though, I'm not motivated at this very moment per say, but maybe one day. ;) Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment