Friday, December 26, 2008

The pictures keep coming!

Saturday we went back to Zion's and walked up a tiny path to see the three Patriarchs. Two of the mountains are to my left, the third is to the right of the picture. It was a bit chillier that day. Alice was nice and cozy though.

Kevin's parents and brother Steve and his family had headed back to Salt Lake that morning to beat the huge storm that was headed toward us. So this was the whole gang on Saturday. The start of the Riverwalk, which takes you along the river to the start of the Narrows.

Jane and Kevin paused for some more photo opportunities. I don't know if it was the super cute jacket (thanks Heather) or what, but Jane felt a little bit (and I mean just a tiny bit) more photogenic!

I love the picture below.

We made it to the end of the walk and took a couple pictures there.

Look at the big rocks!

We headed back. Poor little Jane was pretty frozen and tired by this point, but lucky for her, she has a strong daddy! There were so many beautiful spots along the way.

That night it snowed in Hurricane. I think it was snowing pretty much everywhere.

Kevin standing out in front of the condo with the snow falling all about him.

Sunday, after attending the oldest ward ever, not a soul under 60 was in the congregation, we took a little drive. The snow had turned Zion's into a winter wonderland. We drove through the tunnel and then around over a mountain pass back to Cedar City and then back down to Hurricane. Here are a couple of shots along the way.

ATV crossing. I had to laugh. We don't see many of those in Florida.

This was our rental car for the week, a Nissan Rogue or something like that. It was a comfortable car. Here I am telling Kevin to hurry up and get back in the car because Alice was waking up. Luckily he was fast enough and she slept the whole trip, all 3 hours.

At the beginning of the drive we weren't quite sure if we should even attempt to drive through the pass because of all the snow, but we said a little prayer, felt fine and off we went. And I'm very glad we did because it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those are some great pictures. They make me a little cold! Glad you guys had such a great time!