Friday, June 27, 2008

Sisters!

I tried to come up with something catchy for the title of this picture, but I'm too tired, so I'll just let the picture talk for itself. I will tell you what happened after the picture was taken though. I would've taken a few more, but the phone rang. I was in the office with the girls and realized I didn't have a phone. As I was running out of the room I told Jane to come with me. I hurried and got the phone and it dawned on me that Jane hadn't followed. Which only meant one thing, she was concerned that little Alice couldn't follow and thus needed to bring her too. I made it back to the room just in time to see Jane with both hands around Alice's belly trying to pick her up. Luckily no harm was done, but Kevin was on the other end of the phone and heard me yell, "No, don't pick her up!" Kevin's boss used to tell him that you're not a true parent until you have two kids. Now I understand why!

5 comments:

pjtemple said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from looking at my other friend's blogs. Congratulations to everyone!!!! Girls are the best!

Jones said...

it sure is a juggling act some days!! I can't wait until little Alice is old enough to run around with jane...oh so cute!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That is so cute. I love that you assume Jane was worried Alice would be left behind and wasn't just taking the opportunity of mommy being gone to try and mess with the new baby doll! Great story!

Heather said...

That is too funny. At least Jane was a concerned big sister and not the other way around! They look precious on the floor together.

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

This is FUNNY! We want to have another baby now, but man it must be scary! You'll have to give me the pointers!